Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing Communications the Director, Internal Communications is responsible for the development and execution of employee communications. Position requires a high‐level of energy and expertise. Director will develop an overall vision and strategy to support a large, decentralized organization to shape and build its internal communications in alignment with organizational priorities. The individual in this position must have a solid background in employee communication strategies, plans and tactics. Position establishes and maintains effective internal relationships with key stakeholders at a variety of levels throughout the organization.
* Develop, implement, and maintain all internal communications (strategies, plans, and programs) regarding relevant organizational news, change management, and leadership developments.
* Provide leadership and direction to build all aspects of a solid employee communication program.
* Develop and implement effective communication strategies and tactics for diverse internal audiences and provide advice regarding the most effective communication delivery method for the audience.
* Serve as hands‐on point person for managing current Intranet and transitioning to new Intranet platform.
o Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to tell stories that engage, inspire and inform our employees.
o Discover internal news and transform it in exciting and useful ways/research, write and publish internal news stories to company intranet.
o Manage the day-today creative development and posting of new content for the organization intranet;
* Create and manage employee engagement opportunities.
o Collaborate with departments throughout the organization to ensure and facilitate employee engagement on key issues while establishing relationships to build bridges across service lines.
o Create and manage large-scale employee events.
* Manage employee recognition program.
* Develop, write, and create C‐Suite communications to employees that support organizational priorities and business
* Work closely with HR on benefits and compensation communications.
* Collaborates closely with the Digital Marketing Team on integrating internal communications into media for external audiences.
* Manage internal direct report, as well as external contractors and vendors in support of internal communications projects.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing and executing effective employee communication campaigns, working with Intranet communications, structure and content.
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field.
* Ability to work in a fast‐paced, demanding and collaborative environment both independently and as a member of a team.
* Must be self‐motivated, high‐energy, with the ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
* Must have superior writing, editing and proofreading abilities.
* Must be able to translate sometimes complex information into writing for a broad audience.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivation to staff.
* Demonstrated ability to develop creative strategies, champion projects and drive projects to completion.
* Strong project management skills.
* Experience in creating and managing budgets.
* Must be able to quickly understand and master the organization’s writing tone and style for specific employee audiences.
* Demonstrated ability in the use of desktop publishing software, Photoshop, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and website back-end editor tools.
* Regular local travel around Southern California to the organization’s multiple offices and services sites.