Under direct supervision, the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Living Options monitors and oversees the general health, medical issues, personal care and well-being of residents living in the residential facility. Delivers nursing care to residents as appropriate within the scope of the program.
1.Delivers nursing care to residents within the scope of the residential program. Examines and evaluates residents who are ill, injured, or whose medical equipment is malfunctioning. Reports findings and safety concerns and makes recommendations to the Residential Administrator and Registered Nurse. Assists with emergency responses within assigned authority.
2. Assists in the administration and monitoring of medications, which may include suppositories.
3. Provides personal care for residents which may include assistance with eating, personal hygiene, showering, restroom assistance, and preparing for bedtime. Assists and/or prepares meals in compliance with dietary restrictions; assists individuals to eat, including those who may require assistance with G-tube feeding.
4. Assists in care and cleaning of residential home, which includes laundering & ironing of residents’ clothing.
5. Completes all necessary reports and documentation on a daily basis.
6. Evaluates staff training needs within realm of expertise and conducts necessary training.
7. Transports individuals to health care appointments and other various locations.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.