Easter Seals has been helping individuals with disabilities and special needs, and their families, live better lives for more than 80 years. Whether helping someone improve physical mobility, return to work or simply gain greater independence for everyday living, Easter Seals offers a variety of services to help people with disabilities address life's challenges and achieve personal goals.
Responsibilities include patient scheduling and communication to appropriate associates, providing pertinent patient information and other appropriate assistance to direct service associates, and giving support to the department as needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining an accurate computer-based scheduling system and records; assigning new and existing patients to therapists in the scheduling system in a timely manner; updating schedules daily and assuring updates are inputted as submitted by interventionists; reassigning therapists to patients as needed; generating schedules; monitoring daily attendance calls; communicating with associates, families, physicians and other contacts; processing of department paperwork; and attending staff meetings and trainings.
• Associate’s degree or two years of college course work in a related field required
• Knowledge of ABA field
• Handling large volume of incoming calls and data entry experience is a must; prior scheduling experience highly preferred
• Two years of customer service and/or administrative support experience is a must
• Must possess superior time management and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple schedules based on individual preference and guidelines
• Ability to maintain customer service orientation and professionalism in all interactions
• Ability to prioritize and organize a diversified workload and be able to produce high-quality results with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of staff and the general public; bilingual candidates also needed.
• Must be detail-oriented, reliable, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must obtain fingerprint clearance with DOJ and FBI
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Windows-based applications, and internet usage.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and operations, business etiquette, telephone protocol.
• Flexibility with dealing with high stress situations and change